Sleeping is an important part of our daily routine. Unfortunately, too much stress can cause insomnia, which leads to other bundles of health hazards. Many may also face a lack of motivation even to carry on for a day; other issues can be time management, productivity, and work-life balance.
Apart from aiding in achieving a healthy schedule and lifestyle, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is a new hit therapy that aims to de-stress and promotes a baby-like sleep.
What is EFT?
EFT is a healing tool that helps us in catching a good sleep by keeping our mind relaxed.
It has been observed that EFT provides positive results for emotional, physical and performance issues. The therapy is similar to acupressure therapy but instead of using needles; tapping methodology is used on various parts of the body. With the help of the tapping method, there comes a stability in the energy levels that leads to a more stress-free life.
The technique controls all the emotional imbalances of the body that aid in avoiding disrupted sleep patterns. EFT also cures fears, stress, anxiety, phobia, and all other issues that prime towards causing poor sleep patterns. Most people are known to feel relaxed just after few minutes of EFT, and their stress level reduces to the point where they feel happy and relaxed.
How does EFT help?
EFT’s main purpose is to aid us in feeling powerful against all odds. It helps clears different kinds of fears and anxiety issues that keep us awake. It relaxes our muscles and thoughts from the physical and emotional discomforts like:
- Interview/ meetings that need to be attended in the coming few days;
- Financial issues;
- Physical pain that has been troubling since long;
- Anger towards someone;
- Fear of something;
- Some old memories about ex or someone dear.
The therapy is quick to do, simple to use, and quickly heals the body from pain caused by stress and anxiety. The technique includes a mental exercise and can be practiced any time of the day.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to perform EFT.
EFT can be done within 10 minutes so you can easily fit it into your busy schedule.
Step 1: Scale The Issues
To start doing the therapy, it is important to find out about the negative or emotional issues that are causing your sleep disorder problem. Remember that the main motive of EFT is to help you get rid of emotional imbalances and make you feel more positive each day. Simply, rate the issues on a scale of 1-10. 10 being the most important cause of lack of sleep, and 0 will be the least.
Step 2: Note Down
It is recommended to write down the problems on paper so that none of the issues that are constraining quality sleep are left out. It is vital to remind the mind of all the points that hurts the most and disturbs sleep. It is important to not shy away from your problems.
Step 3: The Powerful Setup
After scaling your worries and writing them down, it’s time to come up with a very specific “setup statement.” The setup statement is also called the “reminder phrase.” For example: ‘Even after facing _______, I completely forgive and wholeheartedly accept my situation.’
You can also use any of the following traditional phrases to use as your setup statement:
- “Even though I have this anxiety issue, I deeply and completely accept myself.”
- “Even though I’m concerned about my meetings, I deeply and completely accept myself.”
- “Even though I’m feeling worried about my financial state, I deeply and completely accept myself.”
- “Even though I’m worried that I will not be able to give the speech, I deeply and completely accept myself.”
- “Even though I’m having back pain, I deeply and completely accept myself.”
Step 4: Start Tapping
While constantly repeating the power statement / setup, tap through all of the below mentioned important points of the body at least 7 times. It is important not to focus on counting but, rather, to happily repeat the setup statement as you’re tapping.
- Top of the head
- Tip of both the eyebrows (near the nose)
- Side of the eyes (below tip of eyebrows)
- Under the eyes (near the cheekbones)
- Chin (just below the lips)
- Collarbone (outside hollow V-shaped base of neck)
- Under the arms (below the armpits)
- Liver / Rib (between the 6th and 7th ribs)
- Thumb, index finger, middle finger, and little finger (below the nails)
After the first round of tapping, ask if there are any emotions or feelings that are still causing discomfort, and then repeat the process of tapping on the given points, relying on 0-10 scale again.
Step 5: The Second Setup
After repeating the second tapping round of Emotional Freedom Technique, keep in mind that you are free of emotional and disturbed feelings or any pain now, and you will never feel this feeling again. You can take some of the following phrases and repeat it in your mind:
- “I have confidence in my ability to accept change.”
- “I am happy about the positive changes in my life.”
- “I am reaching new heights each day.”
- “I am joyful about the peace that I have.”
- “I am in love with myself.”
- “I am becoming a better person each day.”
Source LifeHack - Sept 2016
Step 6: Why not try pure wool bedding from Urban Wool Organic Bedding?