Which wool duvet should I choose?
The weight, softness and warmth of a duvet depends on its tog rating and filling. Tog ratings are based on a duvet's ability to trap air. Wool filled duvets have better thermal properties than synthetic, feather and duck/down duvets and need much less filling to achieve the same level of warmth, so their weight can be deceptive.
Our duvets come in two weights with an equivalent tog rating so you can choose which one suits your needs to ensure maximum comfort.
- 300gsm Lightweight (ideal for Spring, Summer, Autumn or for those who prefer a lighter duvet)
- 450gsm Medium-weight (suitable for Autumn, Winter or for those who prefer a heavier duvet)
Cool when its warm. Hot when it's not.
Why choose an Urban Wool pillow?
If you’re not sure what kind of pillow will suit you best, consider how you sleep.
- If you sleep on your back, a medium-firm pillow is recommended.
- A firm pillow supporting your neck is best if you sleep on your side.
- Stomach sleepers should consider a soft pillow for cushioning and comfort
- Our adjustable pillows allow you to get the pillow that's just right for you
How do I clean a duvet?
Unlike some companies, Urban Wool Duvets, Pillows, Mattress Toppers and Throws can be machined washed and we recommend that you care for your product by following three basic steps:
- Use a non-biological or wool detergent
- Machine wash on a wool setting/cycle
- Line dry (in good weather) or allow to dry naturally indoors
That's all there is to it.
What sizes are the duvets and mattress toppers?
Mattress Topper Sizes
- Cot: 120cm x 140cm (47" x 55")
- Single: 140cm x 200cm (55" x 78")
- Double: 200cm x 200cm (79" x 79")
- Kingsize: 225cm x 220cm (89" x 87")
- Super King: 260cm x 220cm (102" x 87")
- Emperor: 290cm x 235cm (114" x 92")
- Cot: 70cm x 140cm (27" x 55")
- Single: 90cm x 190cm (36" x 75")
- Double: 135cm x 190cm (54" x 75")
- Kingsize: 150cm x 200cm (60" x 78")
- Super King: 180cm x 200cm (72" x 78")
- Emperor: 215cm x 215cm (84" x 84")
How does wool bedding keep me cool in bed?
Temperature Regulating. Wool's natural crimp creates a lot of very small insulating pockets which keeps the wearer cool in the summer months and warm when it's a little colder. Wool fibres absorb vast quantities of moisture vapour which are evaporated into the air keeping the skin fresher and drier for a long time. Pure wool bedding prevents you from over-heating in the summer and keeps you cosy in the winter.
Cool when its warm. Hot when it's not.
Is wool bedding good for people suffering with allergies?
You are less likely to experience allergies or sensitivities with wool because wool is naturally hypoallergenic. Those with sensitivities to dust mites will be happy to know that wool is an inhospitable environment for dust mites which prefer heat (above 75 degrees Fahrenheit) and humidity (above 75 percent) both of which wool lowers. Dust mites can trigger asthma symptoms, so it is important to lessen these effects.
Wool bedding brings naturally better sleep to the whole family.
What is the secret to a good night's sleep?
Wool bedding will help you wake up feeling refreshed and ready to face the day. People sleeping on and under wool will turn in their 80% less than those sleeping with or under duck down, feather, silk or synthetic fibres. If you are too cold, your body shivers to compensate and interferes with your sleep and if you are too hot your body will sweat leaving your bed covers damp and uncomfortable. The only way to remedy this is to choose a natural breathable fibre - Wool.
Because wool is a breathable fibre it is a natural temperature regulator and it responds and reacts to differences in body heat ensuring you never feel too hot or too cold. All this means that at long last two people can share the same bedding in complete comfort.
How do you make a wool duvet?
Whilst not quite as basic as shearing sheep and stuffing the wool into a duvet cover there are a few straight forward rules we adhere to which ensures we bring the very best quality bedding to you. By paying attention to the finest detail and using only the very best of nature we believe we have created the world's most luxurious bedding.
Each Urban Wool item goes through rigorous inspection ensuring it is manufactured to the highest standard. You can be assured everything leaves us in first class condition. We are so confident with our quality control that we will offer you a 21 day money-back guarantee if you are not entirely happy with it.