Though we all like more daylight some people do find it a little more difficult to sleep at this time of year so we’ve noted some top tips to help you sleep and wake refreshed
- Always have ventilation in your bedroom - your body temperature needs to drop a couple of degrees to get maximum sleep. Leave a window ajar if upstairs.
- Only use 100% pure cotton bed covers. Any synthetics will aggravate your body and cause you to sweat.
- If you sleep in PJ’s these too need to be cotton
- Don’t eat a heavy meal within 4 hours of going to bed. If you need a back cherries are best though still fairly pricey so opt for a banana and a few almonds.
- No blue screens in the bedroom. Hard but a fact of life is they are bad for us before bedtime
- Limit alcohol intake and if you can try a cup of chamomile tea. It really doesn’t make long to get hooked and definitely gives you a calmer nights sleep
- If restless try reading a book for 20 minutes or maybe a spot of gentle yoga. Just 15 minutes will be enough to relax your mind and body
- If you have to wake early try leaving the curtains ajar and letting the natural daylight wake you as opposed to an alarm clock - you’ll feel the benefits all day
- A warm lavender scented bath is good to relax the body
- If the above isn’t an option a spritz of lavender on your pillow will calm the senses (check out our luxury LT spritz in accessories
Hoping all our lovely visitors have a wonderful Easter break and a rested Bank Holiday